Ticket #6 (closed improvement: fixed)
Minimum setup requirements
|Reported by:||sebastian||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||setup, requirement, dependendcy||Cc:|
Description (last modified by sebastian) (diff)
The gallery software depends on many libraries and external programs which is hard to match. It is difficult to run the gallery on low cost web space offers.
To gain better tails reduce the initial setup requirements and dependencies as much as possible and disable the advanced/enriched functionality where ever it is possible. E.g. GD and a database backend like mySQL could be a reasonable basic dependency to run the basic image web gallery. All other requirements are optional and enable further cool features - if desired.
Dependencies which could be optional:
- exiftool for read and write image meta data.
- ImageMagick for large images thumbnail
- ffmpeg/flvtool2 for video import
- PEAR::HTTP_WebDAV_Server to enable WebDAV functionality
- PEAR::Crypt_Blowfish to ciphers user's password
The setup should check the dependencies and disable or enable these features. Modules like the import and export filters or the build in WebDAV server module should check their status to run properly.
A summary page of the requirements and the enabled featured would be nice, too. This page could also check and update the current features.
- Priority changed from major to critical
- Component changed from unspecified to core
- Description modified (diff)